UTI Signs Symptoms |
UTI Causes Risk Factors |
UTI Antibiotics |
UTI Catheters |
UTI Health Tips |
Urinary Bladder Infection
Uropathogenic E. Coli Bacteria
Urinary bladder infection (or UTI for short) has become a major medical problem. Affecting over 13 million people each year in the United States alone, it is the most common infection in adult females (30:1 female:male ratio). In fact, it is a worldwide health problem.
From time to time, you may hear or read scientific reports allegedly showing that such-and-such vitamin doesn't work or may even be harmful to your health.
They are a perfect example of the existing, and often uninformed, prejudice against nutritional supplements.
I sincerely hope that you do not believe in such anti-vitamin nonsense discouraging their use.
This website is intended to help you - a bladder infection sufferer - become an informed patient who can manage her or his own care, ask the right questions, insist on adequate management and information, and seek an optimal health outcome.
Perhaps it will even help medical health professionals to appreciate and, hopefully, consider the nutritional and lifestyle-based approach as the alternative treatment option for urinary tract infections.
When it comes to urinary tract infection, you need to stay alert, ask questions, and ultimately rely on yourself for important healthcare decisions. By applying the outlined guidelines, you will be able to take better control of your urinary health, just as we all should do.
A picture of E.coli bacteria. An undated file photo from the USDA
In most cases, about 80 percent, urinary tract infection in adults is caused by a variety of pathogens (infectious bacteria) normally present in the intestines, especially in the rectum (colon).
Nearly all infections of the lower urinary tract are caused by a few strains of E. coli bacteria - uropathogenic Escherichia coli (UPEC).
Various harmless strains of E. coli are normally present in the body - but they do not belong in the urinary tract. These bacteria have multiple little hairs called cilia that function like little feet that allow them to climb from the skin around the vagina, up the urinary tube, into the bladder.
If E. coli get into the bladder or the urethra (tube that carries urine from the bladder), the body has ways of fighting them off - including the obvious methods of simply flushing them out with the urine.
These bacteria, however, have evolved ways of anchoring themselves to the cells of the urinary tract.
The invading E. coli take advantage of receptors naturally found on the cells of the mucosal lining of the urinary tract. These receptors are like molecular "docking bays" for substances which the cells need for their normal growth and development.
Like pirates in an old movie, E. coli use "grappling hooks", called type I pili, to first hook on to these receptors, and then to invade the cell. These pathogenic grappling hooks are composed of long, fibrous chains of a molecular "glue" called adhesin.
Once inside the cell, E. coli can live and reproduce in safety, shielded from many of the body's defensive immune responses.
In fact, these immune responses are so sophisticated that when the body detects that cells have been infected and activates the cell suicide program to destroy the bacteria, E. coli can actually flee the dying host cell before it is flushed out - and look for new cells to invade!
Repeated UTIs: Possible Factors
For many women - especially those over the age of 55 years or between the ages of 25 and 29 - repeated bladder infections can be a painful and frustrating battle.
Women who have had three or more (3+) infections a year are likely to continue having them. In other words, they can get another infection within 18 months of the last one, or even more requently.
Possible multiple factors behind recurrent urinary tract infections include:
Some women, however, have recurrent symptoms suggestive of urinary tract infection - but without infection being present. Although this condition is not serious, it can be troublesome.
- the ability of E. coli bacteria to attach to cells lining the urinary tract;
- chemical irritation due to commercial toiletries, such as bath additives and washing powders;
- the separate infections, stemming from a strain or type of bacteria different from the infection before (even when several urinary tract infections in a row are due to E. coli, slight differences in the bacteria indicate distinct infections), and
- the inadequacy of the current standard drug (antibiotic) treatments for urinary bladder infections.
Because of the chance of kidney infection (pyelonephritis), repeated or chronic urinary tract infections should be always treated thoroughly to ensure that the urinary tract is free of bacteria.
Survival Rate of E. Coli Bacteria
E. coli infections return in as many as 30 percent of women apparently "cured" by antibiotics!
The bacteria are able to survive antibiotic treatment by reverting to an inactive state. Within several days of drug treatment, the number of bacteria reproducing drop to zero. But - not all the E. coli bacteria are killed!
After an antibiotic treatment, uropathogenic E. coli may be still present in a dormant state and linger in the urinary tract:
Even after a month of antibiotic exposure, about 10 million of the original 1 billion bacteria may remain in the urinary tract.
- about 3 percent after ciprofloxacin hydrochloride (Cipro) treatment and
- about 7 percent after trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, a popular two-drug (Bactrim/Septra) treatment.
Antibiotic treatment does NOT successfully kill all the bacteria participating in the infection and may, in fact, encourage many of the bacteria to persist in a resting state.
Therefore, current standard drug treatments for bladder infections are not adequate and this phenomenon may account for many of the repeat urinary tract infections.
New Antibiotic-Resistant Strain of E. Coli
A newly identified, antibiotic-resistant strain of a common E. coli bacterium is contributing to an increase in relatively hard-to-treat bladder infections in women.
The analyzed strain, resistant to trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, a popular two-drug antibacterial combination (Bactrim/Septra), shows a pattern of resistance to multiple antibiotics and has genetic characteristics called "virulence factors" that increase its ability to infect the urinary tract.
Not much is known about how new strains of bacteria that infect the urinary tract arise and spread. It could be that this organism has been around forever and has now acquired resistance to several antibiotics. It could have been introduced, perhaps, through contaminated food.
D-Mannose Vs. Antibiotics
When faced with a potentially pathogenic germ like E.coli, conventional, pharmaceutically based medicine typically confronts the problem by throwing the most potent poisons it can find at the bugs - antibiotics.
While there is nothing essentially wrong with killing disease-causing bacteria, this approach does have some very serious drawbacks. Happily, "bacteria-cide" is not the only possible avenue of attack.
Another, more natural way to eliminate E. coli infections from the urinary tract is to beat them at their own game. If they are going to cause trouble, bacteria usually have to find a way to adhere (stick) to the body tissue they are infecting.
In bladder infection, E. coli attach to cells lining the bladder and urinary tract using filmy, hair-like projections called fimbria on their cell walls.
At the tip of each fimbrium is a glycoprotein (a combination carbohydrate and protein) called a lectin that is programmed to bind to the first molecule of the sugar mannose that it encounters.
It turns out that molecules of mannose (produced inside urinary tract lining cells) naturally dot the surfaces of these cells. Here they act as "receptors," inviting the fimbria of E. coli to attach, and allowing them to bind to the tissue in a tight, Velcro-like grip.
If not for this attachment to the cell's mannose, any E. coli that had successfully ventured up the urethral river would be unable to stick to the slippery surface and would be washed right back out on the next tide of urination.
How Does D-Mannose Work?
Now imagine what would happen to E. coli in the urinary tract if those sweet little mannose molecules they crave were present not just on the surface of the epithelial cells but surrounding them in the urine as well.
The E. coli could not turn around without bumping into D-mannose
"just floating around" in the urine. Unable to resist the tasty bait they suddenly find themselves swimming in, they would latch onto the nearest mannose molecules, and happily sail off into the porcelain sunset.
Those few E. coli left clinging to mannose molecules on cells then become easy prey for white blood cells and other agents of the immune system.
In addition to its natural occurrence in the cells lining the epithelial tract, the sugar D-mannose is also found in relatively large quantities in fruit such as peaches, apples, oranges, and certain berries, like cranberries and blueberries.
Extracted in the form of D-mannose, a white crystal sugar similar to glucose, it can be easily dissolved in a liquid and swallowed. (Mannose can also be synthesized from other simple sugars.)
When someone with bladder infection consumes a dose of D-mannose, the sugar is absorbed in the upper GI tract, but at a much slower rate than most other sugars. (For example, glucose is absorbed more than eight times faster.)
Moreover, unlike other sugars, D-mannose is not readily converted to glycogen (and stored) in the liver, but instead passes directly into the bloodstream largely unchanged what makes it suitable for diabetics.
As the D-mannose-laden blood passes through the kidneys, a considerable proportion of the sugar is extracted and added to the urine.
The D-mannose-sweetened urine flows from the kidneys through the ureters to the bladder and on to the urethra, literally sugar-coating any free-floating E. coli it might encounter, so they cannot stick to cells any more.
It also unsticks most of the E. coli already "velcro-ed" to the inner surface of the bladder and urinary tract, ultimately flushing them all down the drain.
A Safe and Natural Option to Antibiotics
For the great majority of bladder infections - over 85 percent - D-Mannose offers a safe, natural option with a safe, natural option, along with:
- a simple, ingenious rationale;
- no known side effects of any kinds (neither gastrointestinal problems, yeast infections, nor resistant bacteria!) unlike virtually any conventional medication and many natural or alternative treatments as well;
- good tasting;
- suitable for children (it is ideally suited for children with bladder infections; because it tastes so good , children actually enjoy taking it);
- a great reported success rate;
- effective and safe for pregnant women (pregnant women who are susceptible to recurrent bladder infections can safely take D-Mannose as a preventive measure to head off future attacks).
As Effective As Antibiotics
Several years of clinical experience have shown that D-Mannose is just as effective at curing bladder infections caused by E. coli as antibiotic drugs.
When faced with a potentially pathogenic germ like E.coli, conventional, pharmaceutically-based medicine typically confronts the problem by throwing the most potent poisons it can find at the bugs, namely: antibiotics.
While there is nothing essentially wrong with killing disease-causing bacteria, this approach does have some very serious drawbacks. Happily, antibiotic "bacteria-cide" is not the only possible avenue of attack.
Even those who had remained infected after having been subjected to a wide range of potent, side-effect-inducing antibiotics have successfully rid themselves of chronic or acute infections using D-Mannose.
Our Clients Write to Us
I was prescribed ciprofloxin, a very strong antibiotic with numerous
possible side effects, for an acute and painful kidney infection. After
7 days it did seem to stop the infection in my kidney, but not in my
24 hours after completing my course of the antibiotic my order of Uribiotic and d-Mannose MAX arrived in the mail. I was experiencing debilitating discomfort when I took my first dosage of both products.
Within about 8 hours of beginning the natural remedy I began to feel relief from my discomfort.
After 48 hours, my fequent urination stopped and I had no discomfort.
I am continuing to take the remedies for another few days to make sure
all infection is gone.
I am convinced that if I had have taken the remedies as soon as I noticed the symptoms of my infection, I would not have had to take dangerous antibiotics.
I recomend these products highly, they work and they are safe.
Rocky Mountain Buffalo Co.
d-Mannose MAX: Health Benefits Summary
Health benefits of our supplemental d-Mannose MAX can be summarized as follows:
- Supports healthy flora*
- Does not affect “friendly” bacteria*
- Delivers a naturally occurring sugar with protective properties*
- Doesn’t interfere with normal blood sugar regulation*
- Goes to work in your system quickly*
- Supports the immune system*
At Full of Health, we are sure that d-Mannose MAX will do as much for you as it has done for our clients, patients and customers. If other people have benefited from it you can benefit as well.
d-Mannose MAX Powder
Non-Prescription Complex E. Coli Remedy
Serving Size: One Scoop (5.6 grams/0.2 oz.)
Servings Per Container: 30 Vegetarian
Amount Per Vegetarian Serving:
Other Ingredients: Citric acid, Tricalcium phosphate, Natural wild berry
flavor, Silica, Red beet powder (color), Natural mixed berry flavor.
- Calories: 20
- Total Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Vitamin C: 6.8 mg
- Calcium: 76 mg
- D-Mannose: 500 mg
- Cranberry Juice Powder (Vaccinium macrocarpon): 500 mg
- Olive (Olea Europea) Leaf Extract: 100 mg
- FOS (Fructoooligosaccharide): 1,000 mg
- Fibersol-2™ Brand** (digestion resistant maltodextrin): 1,000 mg
- Proprietary Nondairy Probiotic Blend: 750 mg
- Containing 4 Billion CFU/g of the following strains:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei,
- Bifidobacterium breve, Streptococcus thermophilus,
- Bifidobacterium longum.
- Stevia Leaf Extact: 18 mg
**Fibersol-2™ fiber content is tested using AOAC method 2001.03
Fibersol-2™ is a trademark of Matsutani Chemical Industry Co., LTD.
I. For 24-Hour Relief:
By far the most frequent success with d-mannose MAX has been achieved by the women who have suffered single (non-recurrent) episodes of bladder infection. About 90 percent of the time, bladder infection which is caused by E. coli, will respond to d-Mannose MAX treatment with significant symptoms reduction within 24 hours. In almost 90 percent of such cases, it usually clears the infection in 1 to 3 days.
- Mix one (5.5 g) scoop in 1/2-1 glass of purified, lukewarm water and drink four (4) to six (6) times per day (every 2 to 3 hours).
PLEASE NOTE: Even though symptoms are improved within 24 hours, d-Mannose MAX should be continued for 2 to 3 days after the last symptom is gone, just to "make sure."
II. For Prevention:
Women prone to very frequent recurrent bladder infections that are not necessarily related to sexual intercourse can also often benefit from taking d-Mannose MAX preventively. To save expense, some women have been able to "taper down" their dosage and dose frequency.
- Mix one (5.5 g) scoop in 1/2-1 glass of purified, lukewarm water and drink once (1) or twice (2) a day.
III. For Honymoon Cystitis (UTIs Related to Sexual Intercourse):
It is not uncommon for women to avoid sex because they get a bladder infection nearly "every time" they have intercourse. However, taking d-mannose MAX will mostly likely completely eliminate further infections.
- Mix one (5.5 g) scoop in 1/2-1 glass of purified, lukewarm water and drink 1 hour prior to intercourse.
IV. If Your Infection Persists
If you try a course of d-Mannose MAX and the infection persists do not just keep going on with d-Mannose MAX in hopes that it will eventually "kick in." Discontinue the use of it and consider taking other supplements.
Although up to 90 percent of bladder infections are caused by E. coli bacteria, the remaining 10 percent are caused by a variety of other Enterobacteriaceae and Gram-positive pathogens such as:
Therefore, if a bladder infection treated with d-mannose MAX does not show significant improvement within 24 hours (about 10 percent of cases), it is likely that the causative organism is not E. coli.
- Staphylococcus saprophyticus - 5 to 15 percent cases of urinary tract infections,
- Group B streptococcus - bacteria that can be found in the digestive tract, urinary tract, and genital area of adults,
- Chlamydia trachomatis - one of the most common cuases of bladder infection, especially urethritis,
- Mycoplasma hominis,
- Klebsiella pneumoniae,
- Enterococcus faecalis,
- Proteus mirabilis, or
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa - the third leading cause of hospital-acquired urinary tract infections, accounting for approximately 12 percent of all infections, and usually related to urinary tract catheterization, instrumentation or surgery.
In this case, as the untreated infection may spread into the upper urinary tract, namely, the kidneys, causing serious problems, the other natural remedies should be considered, especially the Uribiotic Formula and/or True Oregano Oil.
FREE COMPLIMENTARY BIOHEALING SESSIONS
Andrew in session
Have you been struggling with a recurring health problem and going from a doctor to a doctor, medical and/or alternative, but nothing and no one seems to help you to get better, so you feel like you don't know what to do about it anymore?
If the answer is yes, you may be interested in receiving a free complimentary distance biohealing session (value of $50.00).
As effective as proximal biohealing and safe - not putting anyone's health at risk, whether physically or otherwise, distance biohealing can also be considered as an adjunct to conventional and alternative treatments, especially in chronic, difficult to deal with health conditions.
Free complimentary distance biohealing sessions, lasting for 15-20 minutes each, are provided by Mr. Andrew Mierzejewski, a qualified Biohealing Practitioner* twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, at 6:30 pm, 7:00 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:00 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time), and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
To book your free distance biohealing session, please contact Andrew directly by clicking on the following link: .
* Mr. Andrew Mierzejewski, a registered holistic nutritionist and a master formulator of many unique dietary supplements (Uribiotic Formula being one of them) is also a successful biohealing practitioner, or a facilitator as he prefers to call himself. He holds three diplomas in biohealing: "Bio-Energy Therapist" (Poland, Code 323002), "The Zdenko Domancic Method of Bioenergy Therapy" (Slovenia, No. EU3130239) and "The Reconnective Healing" (Canada).
Description of Nutrients
- D-Mannose is a glyconutrient and has many helpful health benefits.
Glyconutrients are vital because they are eight types of sugars (known
as saccharides) that formulate crucial compounds within the body. Antibodies and digestive enzymes are glycoproteins that assist the body’s cells in communicating with each other, which is highly beneficial to health.*
- D-mannose also removes “bad” bacteria by attachment and voiding.*
- It’s absorbed eight times slower than glucose
and, when ingested, is not converted to glycogen or stored in the liver
but, rather, goes directly into the blood stream from the kidneys to the
bladder. Therefore it does not interfere with blood sugar regulation.*
- The bacterium displaced by Mannose is responsible for 80-90% of UTIs,
whereas antibiotic treatment may cause an imbalance in the normal
- Cranberry Juice Powder naturally contains Malic, Citric and Quinic
Acids which are the active ingredients that acidify the urine and keep unwanted material from adhering to the cells that line the bladder
- These acids also promote thorough cleansing of the urinary
- Olive Leaf Powder works directly against unwanted materials by
supporting your own protective cells (phagocytes) to ingest them
without suppressing the immune system or damaging the body’s
- Additionally, Oleuropein supports the immune
system response and aids in detoxification.*
- FOS (Fructooligosaccharide) & Fibersol-2™ are two types of soluble
fibers that support balanced intestinal micro flora and because they are
so soluble and less dense, they mix instantly and do not cause bloating
or gas like other fiber products.*
- They have been shown to support proper bowel function, regularity, fecal volume, beneficial intestinal micro flora popluations, healthy digestive tract, and supports
cholesterol, triglyceride and blood sugar levels within normal ranges*
- Proprietary Shelf Stable Non-Dairy Probiotic Blend contains 4 Billion
CFU/g of the following strains:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus,
- Lactobacillus casei,
- Bifidobacterium breve,
- Streptococcus thermophilus,
- Bifidobacterium longum.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Lenard, L., et al. D-Mannose: natural treatment for urinary tract infections. Vitamin Research News. 17(7), 2003. [D-mannose can cure more than 90% of all UTIs within 1 to 2 days. This is because 90% of UTIs are caused by Eschericia coli, the only bacteria against which mannose is effective].
- Martinez JJ, Mulvey MA, Schilling JD, Pinkner JS, Hultgren SJ. Type 1 pilus-mediated bacterial invasion of bladder epithelial cells. EMBO J. 2000 Jun 15:19 (12):2803-12.
- Sauer FG, Mulvey MA, Schilling JD, Martinez JJ, Hultgren SJ. Bacterial Pili: molecular mechanisms of pathogenesis. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2000 Feb; 3 (1):65-72.
- Wright JV. D-Mannose for bladder and kidney infections Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients. 1999 Jul; 192:96-8.
- Toyota S, Fukushi Y, Katoh S, Orikasa S, Suzuki Y. Anti-bacterial defense of the urinary bladder. Role of mannose in urine. Nippon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi. 1989 Dec; 80 (12):1816-23.
Secure Online Orders
United States and Worldwide (USD)
(Except Denmark, Germany, India, Mexico, Norway, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Sweden)
By clicking on any of the "Add to Cart" buttons, you are NOT obliged to purchase anything online. Even if you complete a transaction, you can always CANCEL it within 1 hour.
Loyalty Discount for Returning Customers
Please enter your FULL NAME and click on the green "$" button below.
Then, use your BACK button to continue shopping.
Your Shopping Cart Currently Contains:
Secure Online Payment
If you would like to discuss your ordering options, please give us a call:
- 1. 705. 304. 6246 (US/Can) Mon. Wed. Fri. 11:00 am - 3:00 pm EST (Holidays Excluded).
If there is nobody available to take your call, kindly
. We will get back to you next business day.
Uribiotic Formula: Herbal Antibiotic
Over the years, at Full of Health, we have learned that urinary tract infections can be addressed naturally. With the help of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory herbs, nutrients and phytonutrients, it is possible to get through both acute and chronic infections by:
- disinfecting the urinary tract (an antimicrobial action)
- inhibiting and preventing inflammation
- enhancing the growth of some forms of beneficial bacteria within the body such as Bifidobacteria bifidus and Lactobacillus acidophilus
- destroying some forms of detrimental fungi such as Candida albicans and Candida krusei.
By preventing bacterial cell division and breaking down the walls and cytoplasm of bacteria (in a similar fashion to some types of pharmaceutical antibiotics), Uribiotic Formula helps to inhibit the growth (or kill) many types of detrimental pathogenic bacteria including:
- Actinomyces naeslundii
- Bacillus anthracis (on the basis of its known ability to kill other species of Bacillus)
- Bacillus alvert
- Bacillus cereus
- Bacillus subtilis
- Brucella abortus
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Chlamydia pneumoniae
- Chlamydia trachomatis
- Citrobacter freundii, a species of motile, gram-negative Citrobacter - a genus of gram-negative coliform bacteria in the Enterobacteriaceae family. Citrobacter bacteria can be present in the intestines, feces, soil, water, urine, sewage and food; they are also the source of infant meningitis and sepsis.
Citrobacter freundii strains have inducible ampC genes encoding resistance to ampicillin and first-generation cephalosporins.
- Clostridium species (botulinum, tetani)
- Cornybacterium diphtheriae
- Enterobacter aerogenes, gram-negative aerobe, also known as Klebsiella mobilis or Klebsiella aerogenes (the latter at one time was used for several strains now known to belong to Klebsiella pneumoniae; now it is used primarily by researchers who believe that Enterobacter aerogenes should be transferred to Klebsiella)
- Enterococcus faecalis (gram-positive aerobe, former Group D streptococcus)
- Eschericia coli (E. coli, gram-negative aerobe)
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Klebsiella pneumoniae (gram-negative aerobe)
- Legionella pneumoniae
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Moraxella catarrhalis
- Mycobacterium smegmatis
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Neisseria memingitidis
- Pasteurella septica
- Pneumocystis carinii
- Propionibacterium acnes
- Proteus mirabilis (gram-negative aerobe)
- Proteus vulgaris (gram-negative aerobe)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa (gram-negative aerobe)*
- Pseudomonas cepacia
- Salmonella enteridis
- Salmonella enteritidis
- Salmonella choleraesuis
- Salmonella paratyphi A
- Salmonella typhimurium
- Serratia marcescens (gram-negative aerobe)
- Shigella dysenteriae
- Shigella flexneri
- Shigella sonnei
- Staphylococcus aureus (gram-positive aerobe, responsible for "Golden Staph")**
- Streptococcus faecalis (now classified as Enterococcus faecalis)
- Streptococcus mutans (alpha-hemolytic Streptococcus), also known as Group A Streptococcus (GAS)
- Streptococcus pneumoniae (alpha-hemolytic Streptococcus), also known as Group A Streptococcus (GAS)
- Streptococcus pyogenes (beta-hemolytic Streptococcus), also known as Group B Streptococcus (GBS)
- Streptococcus sanguis (alpha-hemolytic Streptococcus), also known as Group A Streptococcus (GAS)
- Streptococcus viridans (alpha-hemolytic Streptococcus), also known as Group A Streptococcus (GAS)
- Streptomyces species
- Treponema pallidum
- Ureaplasma urealyticum - a species of detrimental ureaplasma bacteria, a genus of bacteria belonging to the family Mycoplasmataceae. Mycoplasma, also known as Asterococcus, is a genus of aerobic to facultatively anaerobic, gram-negative detrimental bacteria. Several species are pathogenic in humans, including Mycoplasma fermentans, Mycoplasma genitalum and Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
U. urealyticum - the phylogenetic cluster of M. pneumoniae, is part of the normal genital flora of both men and women. It is found in about 70 percent of sexually active humans. It is believed to be sexually transmitted and transmitted from mother to infant.
Ureaplasma urealyticum infection may cause urinary tract infections (UTIs), urinary tract/kidney stones (struvite stones), non-specific urethritis (NSU), nongonorrheal urethritis and prostatitis in men. It has also been noted as one of the infectious causes of sterile pyuria (pus in urine).
Penicillins are ineffective as U. urealyticum does not have a cell wall, which is the drug's main target.
- Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus (VRE)
* PLEASE NOTE: Pseudomonas aeruginosa is a common bacterium found in soil, water, skin flora and most man-made environments. An opportunistic pathogen of immunocompromised individuals vulnerable to infections, it typically infects the pulmonary tract, urinary tract, burns, wounds, and also causes other blood infections.
P. aeruginosa is the third leading cause of hospital-acquired urinary tract infections, accounting for approximately 12 percent of all infections of this type. They are usually related to urinary tract catheterization, instrumentation or surgery.
It is a common cause of post-operative infection in radial keratotomy (RK) eye surgery patients and of "hot-tub rash" (dermatitis), caused by lack of proper periodic attention to water quality.
P. aeruginosa appears to be among the most adherent of common urinary pathogens to the bladder uroepithelium. An infection can occur via an ascending or descending route.
P. aeruginosa can also invade the bloodstream from the urinary tract. This route is the source of approximately 40 percent of P. aeruginosa infections.
P. aeruginosa can cause chronic opportunistic infections. These kinds of infections are a serious problem for medical care. Many patients, immunocompromised and the elderly in particular, often cannot be treated effectively with traditional antibiotic therapy.
As a highly relevant opportunistic pathogen, P. aeruginosa has low antibiotic susceptibility. It is naturally resistant to a large range of antibiotics and may demonstrate additional resistance after unsuccessful treatment.
Therefore, choosing an antibiotic should be guided according to laboratory sensitivities, rather than empirically. However, if antibiotics are started empirically - with some exceptions, given by injection only - then cultures should be obtained and, after having the culture results available, the choice of an antibiotic used should be carefully reviewed.
Thanks, Andrew, for your advice and support with my Pseudomonas [aeruginosa] bladder infection with your amazing product Uribiotic which stopped the infection and kept it away.
I've suffered from UTIs for 18 years since my spinal cord injury and now I'm infection free.
** PLEASE NOTE: In case of Staphylococcus aureus infections, Uribiotic Formula can be a part of a combined antibiotic therapy as it may enhance the effectiveness of pharmaceutical antibiotics for the UTI treatment.
Uribiotic Formula: An Immune Booster
An immune-boosting Uribiotic Formula helps to increase the natural safeguards - bodily defense systems that protect the urinary tract against pathogenic, infection-causing bacteria, such as:
- the flow of urine which functions as an antiseptic, helping to wash potentially harmful bacteria out of the body during normal urination. (Urine is normally sterile, that is, free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi!)
- the ureters (muscular ducts that propel urine from the kidneys to the urinary bladder) and the bladder
- the immune defenses and antibacterial substances in the mucous lining of the bladder
- the bladder lining cells that, literally, sacrifice themselves and self-destruct to fight off detrimental bacteria (a process called apoptosis). In so doing, they fall away from the lining, carrying the bacteria with them. This process, suggested by some interesting research, eliminates about 90% of the E. coli
- the vagina which is colonized - in normal fertile women - by lactobacilli, beneficial micro-organisms that maintain a highly acidic environment (low pH). Lactobacilli also produce hydrogen peroxide, which helps eliminate bacteria and reduces the ability of E. coli to adhere to vaginal cells
- the so-called human beta-defensin-1 (HBD-1) which fights E. coli within the female urinary and reproductive tracts -.a possible natural antibiotic identified by some researchers
- the antibacterial actions of some secretions of the prostate gland probably for why men are less likely than women to develop urinary tract infection.
Uribiotic Formula: Health Benefits Summary
It is so embarrassing having consult your doctor for the same reason (another infection!) and need to take another round of antibiotics.
The truth is, however, that urinatry tract infections CAN be successully remedied and prevented without multiple rounds of prescription medications (antibiotics).
Health benefits of our proprietary Uribiotic Formula - a synergistic blend of 59 nutrients, phytonutrients (plant nutrients) and herbs thoroughly researched and put to the test - include:
- anti-edematous (decreasing edema and swelling), and
Formulated with care by a master formulator and manufactured according to the highest standards, this unique synergistic combination can help you deal with your bladder and/or even kidney infection:
- effectively, and
- with no side effects.
Thousands of UTI sufferers around the world have proven the efficacy of this approach. And what is most important, there has not been a single reported harm done by taking the Uribiotic Formula.
But don't take our word for it - try it out yourself.
The Mierzejewski Formula™
Advanced Urinary Tract Support *
54 Vegetarian Capsules
59 Phytonutrients and Nutrients
Amount Per Serving (3 Capsules)
|1. Vitamin A (All Trans Retinyl Palmitate)
|2. Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate)
|3. Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopherol Succinate)
|4. Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2)
|5. Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)
|7. Magnesium (as Taurinate)
|8. Zinc (as Monomethionine)
|9. Selenium (as Selenomethionine)
|10-59. PROPRIETARY BLEND:
|Grape Seed Extract (std. to 92% Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins), Oregano Leaf (Origanum vulgare) (std. to 10% Thymol), Saw Palmetto Berry Powder Extract (Serenoa repens) (std. to 25% fatty acids), Uva Ursi Extract (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) (leaf) (std. to 20% Arbutin), Echinacea STD [Echinacea angustifolia (root), Echinacea purpurea (aerial parts)], Berberine (Berberis aristata) (Barberry Root Extract, 4:1), Propolis 2:1, Goldenseal Root (std. to 9% Alkaloids, including 5% Hydrastine), Grapefruit Seed Extract, Olive Leaf Extract (Olea europaea), Buchu Leaf Extract (Barosma betulina), Corn Silk (Zea mays), Meadowsweet Leaf (Spirea ulmaria), Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica) (std. to 25% Silica) (leaf), Couch Grass (Agropyron repens) (root), Garlic (Allium sativum) (bulb), Gotu Kola Extract (Centella asiatica) (std. to 10% Asiaticoside), Lactoferrin, Purple Mangosteen Extract (Garcinia mangostana) (std. to 10% Mangostin) (pericarp/rind), Onion Extract (Allium cepa) (bulb), Pau D'Arco (Tabebuia impetiginosa) (bark), Cranberry Powder (Vaccinum macrocarpon) (90% Cranberry solids) (fruit), Horsetail Grass STD (Equisetum arvense) (stem), Asparagus Shoot (Asparagus officinalis), Astragalus Root Extract (Astragalus membranaceus) (std. to 0.3% Astragalosides), Bay Laurel Leaf (Laurus nobilis), Beta-Sitosterol, Eastern Black Walnut Hull (Juglans nigra), Cloves (Syzygium aromaticum) (fruit), N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, Pomegranate Extract (std. to 40% Ellagic Acid) (whole fruit), Troxerutin Complex (std. to 85% Troxerutin), Cayenne (Capsicum annum) (fruit), Cinnamon Extract (bark), Great Yellow Gentian (Gentiana lutea) (std. to 0.075% Amarogentin) (root), Hesperidin (peel), Rosemary Leaf Extract (Rosmarinus officinalis) (std. to 6% Carnosic Acid), Triphala Extract (Terminalia bellirica, Terminalia chebula, Emblica officinalis) (fruit), Eleutherococcus senticosus (std. to 0.8% Eleutherosides) (root), Horse-Chestnut Extract (Aesculus hippocastanum) (std. to 20% Escin) (fruit), Silymarin Extract STD (seed), Bromelain, Chlorophyll (Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin), Papain, Vinpocetine, Trans-resveratrol (from Grape Vine Shoot Extract), Vanadium (as Vanadyl Sulfate), BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract (Piper nigrum) (fruit), Lycopene Extract, Boron (from Boron Citrate).
|Other ingredients: Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (vegetarian capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate and silica.
|This product is manufactured in a NSF GMP registered facility in accordance with cGMPs for Nutritional Supplements in accordance with USP 31. The laboratories are ISO 9001:1994 certified and ISO 17025:2005 accredited. Raw materials used in the manufacturing of this product are in full compliance with the Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002. Raw material safety and quality is ensured by the manufacturer's Supplier Qualification Program.
||QUALITY & SAFETY
|Take 3 capsules 3 times daily in between meals (beginning after breakfast), each time with 4 ounces (½ cup) of purified lukewarm water, or as recommended by a qualified healthcare professional.
|If you are under a physician’s care or taking medication, or if you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
|Quality and purity guaranteed. This product does not contain MSG, wheat, gluten, soy protein, fish, shellfish, milk/dairy, corn, egg, nuts, sugar, salt, starch, artificial coloring, preservatives, or flavoring.
|FULL OF HEALTH, INC. Since 1996
Uribiotic® Formula: Advanced Urinary Tract Support *
* This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
|Full of Health and Uribiotic are registered trademarks of Full of Health, Inc.
BioPerine® is a registered trademark of Sabinsa Corporation.
Uribiotic Formula can cause the almost instant disappearance of
- the painful burning sensation when urinating,
- the need for frequent urination,
- the inability to empty the bladder completely even though you have the urge.
Uribiotic Formula can help you eliminate:
- the harmful bacteria from the inside of the urinary tract and without disrupting the normal body functions.
Uribiotic Formula can help you prevent and remedy:
- both acute and repeated (chronic) urinary tract infections, and
- the need and dependence on antibiotics.
PLEASE NOTE: The results may vary from person to person depending on the type of diagnosis (urine tests and/or symptoms), the type of bacteria, degree of severity of UTI (ranging from minor to serious), type of UTI (cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis), history of antibiotic intake (as this can be a cause of repeated UTIs), structural abnormalities, age, sex and other existing health conditions such as diabetes mellitus and/or any immuno-compromised state. Besides, about half of women with symptoms of a UTI actually have irritation of the urethra, vaginitis, candidiasis, interstitial cystitis, or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Some of these problems may also accompany or lead to UTIs.
Upon the first signs of urinary tract infection, begin taking 3 capsules of the Uribiotic Formula 3 times daily (morning - beginning after breakfast, noon, afternoon) 20 minutes apart from having food, each time with ½ glass of purified lukewarm water.
Also do your best and try to sip lots of water throughout the day.
PLEASE NOTE: If necessary, Uribiotic Formula can be a part of a combined antibiotic therapy as it may enhance the effectiveness of pharmaceutical antibiotics for the treatment of urinary tract infections (UTIs), especially in case of Staphylococcus aureus infections.
First Signs of Relief Within 24-48 Hours
You should experience the first signs of relief within 24-48 hours after you begin taking Uribiotic Formula. The symptoms should be cleared within 6 days, provided you will keep taking it consistently without skipping doses. However, the results may vary from person to person depending on the diagnosis, degree of UTI, age, sex and other existing health conditions.
Our Clients Write to Us:
Dear Uribiotic Team,
I have had recurrent UTI's for the past few years and my doctor usually just gives me Bactrim, which clears it up within 3 days. While on vacation recently I got another one the first day of my trip and panicked because the pain always seems unbearable.
I was able to get another prescription for Bactrim, but after 2 doses (6 days) I felt even worse. Two weeks later and 2 courses of Cipro later I was at my wits end!
My doctor told me there weren't any bacteria in my urine so it could be something else like urethritis or interstitial cystitis. I didn't care what it was, I just wanted to get rid of it and prevent it from ever coming back.
In desperation I went online and researched as much as I could. I found your website and it has been a life-saver.
I started feeling better after the first couple days of taking the Uribiotic Formula, and after the second bottle I was back to normal.
I couldn't believe how fast it worked, and that there were no side effects, like with antibiotics.
Since then I've also started taking your d-Mannose MAX and UT Probiotics Ultra Strength formulas for prevention and I haven't had any UTI symptoms since.
Thank you so much for your very informative website and very effective natural products.
For years I have been plagued with UTI's. Each time trying to fight it off with baking soda, Alka-Seltzer, drinking lots of water and searching the web for natural remedies, only to end up at the dreaded Urgent Care to get antibiotics. Some of them even gave me bad side effects.
I found Uribiotic Formula on my last web search and I read some of the testimonials and thought I would give it a try.
I was amazed! It really, really worked. I didn't go on antibiotics and my infection was cured.
Thank you a million times over! What a freedom to be able to have a natural cure and not have to be on antibiotics...
This product really works and I would highly recommend it to anyone who suffers from UTI.
Hello, again, Full of Health Team!
I just got on to your website to order more URIBIOTIC... I am the "Katie B." from Denver, Colorado! My testimonial has been on your home page for over 2 years now.
I have been living in China for the past year and I just recently got a bladder infection for the first time in over 2 years!
You have no idea how comforting it has been to have the assurance of having your product in my medicine cabinet while living in such a foreign land with foreign doctors and hospitals.
I was quite scared when I got the bladder infection a couple of days ago, because I thought, "what if it just doesn't work this time and I have to go to a hospital in China?!"
But, have no fear… URIBIOTIC worked for me AGAIN!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR AMAZING PRODUCT!!!! I sing your praises every time I have sex -:)
Thank you and have a great weekend!
I got a severe bladder infection and also discovered I had an enlarged prostate. I was in bad pain when I often had to go to restroom. One night I was going every 30 minutes.
They put me on sulfa antibiotics and also wanted me to take Flowmax which I told them I would not take. I don't like taking antibiotics if I can help it.
They also did a CAT scan. I took the antibiotics for a few days but they did not help that much.
Until I got my I order of Uribiotic in. I started taking it and, after a few days, noticed feeling a little better each day.
I started going to the bathroom about twice a night. Then just once a night and now I never wake to go to the bathroom. My measured urine outflow in the morning became normal and with no pain.
I was also taking Prosta-F Extract for my enlarged prostate for about six weeks. Then I went to a specialist and he checked me and said that my prostate was normal. He said I don't need to come back.
Now everything is back to normal. I still take both Uribiotic and Prosta-F Extract.
I am very thankful for your help and advice, Andrew.
Problem solved! The infection is GONE! I just thought you might want to know this in case you get any customers notifying you that URIBIOTIC doesn't seem to be working.
I love your product and continue to rave and refer anyone I talk to about UTIs to your
THANK YOU FOR CREATING THIS PRODUCT!!!
Cautions and Contraindications
Uribiotic Formula is not recommended to be taken during pregnancy as it can cause contractions of the uterus due to presence of Goldenseal, Vinpocetine and hydroquinone (via arbutin present in Uva Ursi/Bearberry).
Uribiotic Formula should be consumed with caution by patients on a high dose of warfarin (blood thinner) due to the presence of garlic which may potentiate the anticoagulant effects of warfarin. (Reference: Fugh-Berman, A. Herb-drug interactions. Lancet. 355(9198):134-138, 2000).
PLEASE NOTE: When acute nephritis (kidney infection) is present - accompanied by high fever along with sudden retention of urine (a painful urge to pass urine but the inability to do so) - have your condition assessed immediately by your physician.
Unique, Natural and Astonishingly Effective
Our all-natural Uribiotic Formula is so astonishingly effective that it continues to amaze even the most skeptical people, including doctors.
For this reason, we have decided to go worldwide and share our experience with the public on the Internet to help men around the world to overcome and remedy urinary tract infection that can lead to dangerous complications, such as kidney infection.
Since 2004, we have supplied our proprietary Uribiotic Formula with an overwhelmingly positive response to our clients and customers in 32 countries: the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand, Germany, Belgium, Mexico, Italy, Singapore, France, Russia, Croatia, Poland, Portugal, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, St. Lucia (West Indies), Norway, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Slovenia, Greece, Qatar, Jordan, Israel, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Sri Lanka, India, and Spain.
With no doubt this superb supplement can be of great benefit to you. You have nothing to lose - and lots to gain. And if necessary, it can be a part of a combined antibiotic therapy as Uribiotic Formula may even enhance the effectiveness of standard pharmaceutical antibiotics for the treatment of urinary tract infections (UTIs), especially in case of Staphylococcus aureus infections.
Therapeutic and Preventive Intake: Directions